Friday, March 18, 2005

Taco Seasoning Recipe


Taco Meat Posted by Hello

I made Taco meat for a Church dinner on Wednesday. I Combined three recipes and created one that I liked. I made four batches until I found the right combination of spices. One of the recipes was from Cook's Illustrated and the other two I found on the Internet. One of those claimed to be like Taco Bell's Taco Seasoning. I thought I would post the recipe so that I would be able to find and remember it the next time I make Tacos for dinner. This mix can be made up ahead in larger quantities and stored until ready to use for Tacos.

My Taco Seasoning

1. Combine the Following ingredients.

1 T flour
1 T corn starch
1 T dried minced onion
1 tsp beef bouillon granules
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
2 T chili powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp sugar

Combine and store in air-tight container

To make taco meat, brown 1 pound ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 chopped onion and 4 cloves minced garlic to ground beef and cook until done.
Add seasoning mix and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occationally.

No comments:

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails