Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Hosta Growing Update


Boxed Hosta 'Swan Lane' and "sieboldiana 'Elegans' Before Posted by Hello


It has been eleven days since I potted up the bareroot or dormant Hosta roots that came from Sams Club in a box. I can't believe how much they have grown. They went from very fragile white stalks and roots to beautiful spring green leaves. It is fun to check their progress every morning. They Hosta 'So Sweet' from the Hosta club meeting has been in my house for 17 days now and has opened up at an amazing rate and looks beautiful and is starting to show margins on the green leaves. My husband thinks I am nuts and is worried I will now grow Hostas as house plants--maybe in the late winter months from now on, anyway?

No comments:

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails