Wild Rice with Chicken Soup in the Instant Pot! A great Recipe for Fall!!
INGREDIENTSFor the Instant Pot:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning ~ I used a combination of sage and oregano and rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 can of coconut milk
I added a cup of Cooked Chicken before serving
- Instant Pot: Put all the ingredients in the first list into the instant pot. Cook for 45 minutes (manual). Release steam using the valve on top.
- Stovetop: When the soup is done, melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour. Let the mixture cook for a minute or two to remove the floury taste. Whisk the coconut milk, a little bit at a time, until you have a smooth, thickened sauce. Throw a little salt in there for good measure.
- Together: Mix the creamy sauce with the soup in the instant pot. Voila! Mushroom Wild Rice Soup.