Just living the Simple Nebraska Life and sharing my love for all things vintage & charming. Come and see what projects I've been working on.
Friday, February 22, 2013
Menu: Soup today
Buffalo Chicken Soup
• A 2 ¼ - 2 ½ pound deli-roasted chicken, skinned, boned, and coarsely shredded
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• Two 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1 ½ cups milk
• 1 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
• 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese (6 oz.)
• 1 ¼ cups crumbled blue cheese (5 oz.)
• 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
1. In 4-quart Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in broth, milk, and the 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce.
2. In bowl toss together mozzarella, 1 cup of the blue cheese, Parmesan, and flour. Add gradually to soup, stirring after each addition just until melted. Stir in three-fourths of the shredded chicken; heat through. Top with remaining chicken, blue cheese, and hot sauce. Makes 6 servings.