- 2-2/3 cups (16 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) Butterscotch chips
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat,
- stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and, if desired,
- espresso powder until blended. Whisk into chocolate mixture. In
- another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; add to
- chocolate mixture, mixing well. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set. Cool on
- pans for 1-2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about
- 1-1/2 dozen.
Adapted from Taste of Home recipe