Friday, February 01, 2013

Making Scented Vinegar to use in Natural Cleaning Recipes

I have used Plain White Vinegar for a long time for cleaning my kitchen, floors, bathrooms... It is cheap and natural cleaner.  The past few weeks I have been mixing up some natural cleaning recipes found on Pinterest and many of those recipes call for vinegar.  And along with all the cleaning recipes, I found a great way to use things from your kitchen to make a scented Vinegar.  - It is so simple.  The hardest part is waiting for it to steep for 2 weeks.  I filled a glass jar full of orange peels, lemon peels, lime peels, ginger root pieces, cinnamon sticks, and some apple cider mulling spices and then I just poured plain white vinegar in the jar until it was full.  I placed the jar in a dark cabinet for 2 weeks and then strained the vinegar into another Jar.

Note:  Do not use Vinegar on Granite Counter tops!!

Floor Cleaner:

1 cup Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Soap- (I am loving the Dr. Bonner's Peppermint Castille soap from Trader Joes)
1 Cup Washing Soda ( Purchase or bake a shallow pan full of baking soda in 400 oven 30 min)
2 Gallons of Hot water

All Purpose Spray Cleaner:

1/2 tsp washing soda
1/2 tsp Castille Soap
2 Cups Hot Water
20 Drops of essential oil

Shower Cleaner:

Mix half Dawn Dish Soap and Half Vinegar

Bathroom and Surface Cleaner:

Place a spray nozzle on a bottle of peroxide and spray.  Let set 2minutes and wipe clean


No comments:

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails