Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What to make in my shiny new red LeCreuset Pot



I have used my brown Lecreuset pot nearly everyday. But found it was not quite big enough for a large recipe of soup. Marsha shared a couple of corn chowder recipes with me today- so I followed the recipes as close as I could with the ingredients that I had on hand. It made the perfect amount for this new pot. The soup was great. I substituted Roasted red Peppers for the Poblanos and then added about a 1/4 of a cup of diced jalapenos to add some spice.

Corn Chowder with Roasted Poblanos







Ingredients:
2 T butter
1 large onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/4 c + 1 T flour
6 c vegetable stock
2 c milk plus 1/4 cup half and half
1 1/2 lbs, new potatoes, unpeeled and diced (I used Yukon Gold)
3 poblano chilies, roasted and chopped
1 16 oz. pkg frozen corn
1 red pepper, roasted and chopped
a couple good pinches of cayenne pepper or smoked paprika


In a large pot, melt the butter and add onion, celery and garlic. Reduce to low and add the flour, stirring to make a roux. Cook over low heat to allow the flour to cook out. Turn heat to high and slowly whisk in the stock. Add the milk and bring soup to a rolling simmer, stirring often. Add the potatoes, chilies, peppers and corn. Simmer uncovered for 30 min or until potatoes are cooked through. Add cayenne pepper to taste. Top with goodies like: a squeeze of fresh lime juice, sour cream, chopped cilantro or oregano, avocado, grated sharp cheddar cheese.

1 comment:

Heather's Garden said...

I love the font you're using for your post title, what is it? Please email me with the answer because I'll never remember to come look and see if you answered me, lol. heathersgarden at live dot com

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails