Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Stained Glass Cookies


Stained Glass Valentine Cookies Posted by Hello

I made a batch of my favorite sugar cookie dough recipe. I rolled and cut the dough using a large heart-shaped cookie cutter. Then I cut out the center of each heart with a smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter. I placed the cut cookies on a silpat lined baking sheet. Next, I filled the center of each unbaked cookie with crushed cherry and watermellon flavored jolly ranchers. I baked the cookies until done. These cookies need to cool completely before removing from the baking sheet.


My favorite Sugar Cookie Dough Recipe: Rich Rolled Sugar Cookies
Ingredients:

# 1 cup butter
# 2/3 cup sugar
# 1 large egg
# 2 1/2 cups flour
# 1/2 teaspoon salt
# 1 teaspoon vanilla

Icing

* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1 pinch salt
* 1/4 teaspoon flavoring
* water

Royal Icing

* 2 egg whites
* 3 cups confectioners' sugar
* fresh lemon juice, 1 lemon

Directions

1.

Cream butter and sugar.
2.

Beat in egg and flavoring.
3.

Combine and add flour and salt.
4.

Chill dough 3-4 hours.
5.

Preheat oven to 350°F.
6.

Roll thinly and cut.
7.

Bake 5-10 minutes

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I was looking all over the web trying to find this recipe. My mom used to make these cookies with my sister and I. I always thought they were so neat! The only difference is that we made them with red hots in the middle. Fun ideas! Thanks!
RB from Central-Cali

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails