A super easy fast Vegetarian meal- Served with Rice and salsa
From Martha Stewart everyday Food
Serve this brightly colored, layered tortilla pie with salsa and sour cream on the side. You can assemble the pie ahead of time, then bake it just before serving.
Note: To trim tortillas, center the bottom of a springform pan on top of a tortilla. Trace around it with a paring knife. Remove excess.
Prep: 25 minutes
Total: 1 hour
* 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 1 large onion, diced
* 1 jalapeno chile, minced (remove seeds and ribs for less heat)
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
* 12 ounces beer, or 1 1/2 cups water
* 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
* 4 scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
* 2 1/2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a paring knife, trim tortillas to fit a 9-inch springform pan, using the bottom of the pan as a guide. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add beans and beer to skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until liquid has almost evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in corn and scallions, and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Fit a trimmed tortilla in bottom of springform pan; layer with 1/4 of the beans and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat three times, using 1 cup cheese on top layer. Bake until hot and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes. Unmold pie; sprinkle with scallions. To serve, slice into wedges.