Published with Blogger-droid v18.104.22.168
A great way to use Lemon Thyme from the Garden- We loved this Sweet Bread!
1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon snipped fresh lemon thyme or thyme
1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
1 recipe Lemon Glaze (see recipe below)
1. Grease and lightly flour an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter with electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. On medium-low speed, gradually add the sugar, beating well. Add the egg and beat mixture until combined.
3. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture and beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon thyme and lemon peel. Spread batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the loaf from pan; place on the rack.
5. Drizzle Lemon Glaze over the warm loaf. Cool completely. Makes 1 loaf (16 servings)
In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel. Stir in enough lemon juice or milk (about 1 teaspoon) to make a drizzling consistency.