Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Another snowy day

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5



"In winter's cold and sparkling snow,
The garden in my mind does grow.
I look outside to blinding white,
And see my tulips blooming bright.
And over there a sweet carnation,
Softly scents my imagination.

On this cold and freezing day,
The Russian sage does gently sway,
And miniature roses perfume the air,
I can see them blooming there.
Though days are short, my vision's clear.
And through the snow, the buds appear.

In my mind, clematis climbs,
And morning glories do entwine.
Woodland phlox and scarlet pinks,
Replace the frost, if I just blink.
My inner eye sees past the snow.
And in my mind, my garden grows."
-   Cheryl Magic-Lady, Winter Garden

1 comment:

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I love this post! We are having warmer temps this week, and most of the snow has melted. It's still too early to garden, though. It's getting harder and harder to wait for gardening time.

All your food looks good, too. I want to try the corn recipe.

Thanks for your comment on my herb post.

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails