Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2
We love those Ak-mak Crackers - can go through a whole box at once- so I wanted to try out a recipe for them- not quite the same but they still got eaten up quickly.
Homemade Whole Wheat Sesame Crackers
3/4 all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 ½ Tbsp sesame oil
1/3 to ½ cup water
1. Mix together both flours, salt, baking powder and sesame seeds.
2. Drizzle the oil on top of the flour mixture and stir in well.
3. Gradually stir in water, adding just enough so that the batter can be gathered up into a ball.
4. Roll dough out onto a floured work surface. Roll thin and transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 400 F for about 20 -25 minutes or until golden around the edges.
6. Cool completely.
7. Break into pieces and serve as is, or with dips or spreads.
1. I separated the dough into 2 balls, rolled each separately - very thinly. This made nice, crispy crackers.
2. This recipe can also be made with all whole wheat flour.
3. When adding the water, be sure to add it slowly. Too much water will make the dough sticky.
These turn out the best when rolled very very thin