Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2
These were very Good!
Banana, Walnut and chocolate chunk muffins
makes 18 muffins
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
11/3 cup mashed ripe banana
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 T unsalted butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 400degrees
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
2. In another bowl, whisk together sugar, egg, yogurt, and oil until well blended. Stir into flour mixture until just blended. Gently fold in walnuts and chocolate chips
3. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups - lined with paper liners.
4. Topping: in a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, butter and vanilla until blended and crumbly. Sprinkle over tops of muffins.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in tins for 5 minutes.
Cranberry Muffins with Walnut Crumble
A basket of cranberry-dotted muffins on the kitchen counter always gets attention. And the oohs and aahs will only increase when the toasty walnut crumble and drizzle of icing are revealed.
Makes 12 muffins
• Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
• 12-cup muffin pan, greased
1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour 125 mL
1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar 60 mL
1⁄8 tsp salt 0.5 mL
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted 45 mL
1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts 125 mL
2 cups all-purpose flour 500 mL
2 tsp baking powder 10 mL
1⁄2 tsp baking soda 2 mL
1⁄2 tsp salt 2 mL
2⁄3 cup granulated sugar 150 mL
1 egg 1
1 cup sour cream 250 mL
1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted 125 mL
11⁄2 cups cranberries, coarsely 375 mL
1 cup confectioners’ (icing) sugar 250 mL
1. Crumble: In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and salt. Using a fork, stir in butter, tossing until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Muffins: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, egg, sour cream and butter until well blended.
4. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Gently fold in cranberries.
5. Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with crumble and press lightly into batter.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack while you prepare the icing.
7. Icing: In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and 11⁄2 tbsp (22 mL) water until smooth. Drizzle over warm muffin tops. Let cool.
Recipe reprinted with permission, from 750 Best Muffin Recipes, by Camilla V. Saulsbury, Robert Rose 2010.