Monday, July 11, 2016

Potting Table in Luckett's Green



Loved Freshening up this Antique table that I found along the curb.  Very Rustic! Very Dirty!


I stained the entire table with Curio milk paint mixed as a stain and let that soak in and set for a few days.  I finally found some time to finish this up this weekend.  I had to add a few nail to tack down the large boards that make the top of the piece.  I loved the character the top had with a few paint splatters and worn spots.  Makes it just Perfect to use as a work table or to display plants!
I just finished the top with a few coats of hemp oil.
I wanted a good vintage garden green for the base.  I also wanted a chippy worn look to.  So the perfect choice was Luckett's Green Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint.  I applied a very think streaky coat of hemp oil to sections of the table prior to painting it with the milk paint.  This allowed the paint to come off in a few places to allow the brown to show through.  I only applied one thick coat of luckett's green to this piece to acheive the look that I was going for.  After sanding and distressing, I then finished the entire piece with hemp oil.


No comments:

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails