Thursday, July 21, 2016

Farmer's Market Produce Season is Here!!




I love having a neighbor that grows and sells for the Farmer's Market.   The hardest part trying to catch him before he has left for the market.  Today I picked up cabbage, eggplant, red and white onions, zucchini, and cucumbers...

Last night I used the Eggplant in one of my Favorite things to make~ Eggplant Parmigiana.
I did not have mozzarella so I used a combination of Ricotta and shredded cheddar mix.  I added a ton of fresh basil from my herb garden.. It turned out great!  Not Traditional but still very good.


I followed this recipe as a guide but made so many substitutions according to what I had in my fridge~ Did I mention with two very hungry teenage boys there is never any food on hand.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alexandra-guarnaschelli/eggplant-parmigiana-recipe.html



Eggplant Parmigiana with Cheddar and Ricotta Cheese













No comments:

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails