Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2
Fastest Christmas Candy ever!
Recipe from very best baking.
These beautiful chocolate-dipped caramels sprinkled with a hint of sea salt are the perfect hostess gift for your next party or holiday gift giving – sweet, salty and sophisticated, but a cinch to make!
* 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
* 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
* 1 pkg. (5.5 oz.) about 25 pieces, soft & chewy rectangular caramels, unwrapped*
* 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
MICROWAVE morsels and vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted; cool slightly.
DIP caramel pieces, using a fork, into melted chocolate. Shake off or scrape excess chocolate against side of bowl. Place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
* 25 square caramels can be substituted for the rectangular caramels.
• 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels can be substituted for the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels. Melt milk chocolate morsels at MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power.
• Amount of candies made may vary pending size of caramels used. If there is any melted chocolate remaining after dipping caramels, try dipping pretzels or potato chips!