Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Both Agnes and Verdi enjoyed these bones. I quess they were a hit!
Dogs will go crazy for these beefy treats!
1 cup uncooked oatmeal
1 cube beef boullion
1 1/2 cups hot water
3/4 cup powdered milk
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 egg, beaten
3 cups whole wheat flour
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
1. In a large bowl pour hot water over oatmeal, margarine and boullion cube. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in powdered milk, cornmeal and egg. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Knead 3 - 4 minutes, adding more flour if necessary to make a very stiff dough.
4. Pat or roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into bone shapes with a cookie cutter and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes.
5. Allow to cool and dry out until hard.