Thursday, January 19, 2006
BAKING: Banana Bread
This banana bread is very moist. With half of the flour being Whole Wheat, the bread is not only wholesome but carries a nutty flavor as well.
From the Silver Palate Cookbook: Banana Bread: (makes 1 loaf)
8 T unsalted butter, room temp
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 c unbleached all-purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 c whole wheat flour
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 c walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat.
3. Sift AP flour, soda, salt together, stir in whole wheat flour, add to butter mixture, mixing well.
4. Fold in bananas, vanilla, walnuts.
5. Pour into pan. Bake 50-60 min, or until vake tesster comes out clcean. Cool in pan 10 min, then on rack.