Monday, April 25, 2005


Plant Sale Plants Posted by Hello

These are some plants that I picked up at an awesome plant sale that I went to this weekend with my neighbor Lynn. This is an annual event that is held at the state fair grounds. Loads of people packing green plants in boxes standing in line; but unlike other crowded public places, gardeners are polite, and even friendly when poked in the back with other's plant filled boxes and, happily share their knowledge about plants. The atmosphere is definately uplifting. The plant selection was incredible and it was difficult to decide what to get and it seems that the plants were going fast. I tried to focus on shade plants mainly Hostas. I got Hosta 'Fried Green Tomatoes' and Hosta 'Tokudama 'Aureonebulosa, a lungwort that I didn't already have Pulmonaria Longigolia 'E.B. Anderson' (Scot is especially fond of lungworts- It doesn't hurt to bring home plants he likes then he is more supportive of my plant addiction). I also brought home a Polystichum Acrostichoides -Christmas Fern- a hardy fern that will remain evergreen and Asarum Splendens-Asian Ginger-, which has really attractive silver mottled leaves and is a great ground cover for woodland gardens. I also found a few water garden plants to try- Horsetail and Papyrus. When the weather turns nice again I will be happily planting my new plants.

No comments:

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails