Monday, April 29, 2013

The Start of Planted Garden Chairs

I have had this Vintage Chair since College.  It was a Garage sale find for $5 years ago. This chair has been painted Blue, Green, and Black with the seat covered in many different fabrics.  I was almost ready to part with it;  but then I decided to give it one more life in the Garden.  I sanded it and peeled away some of the layers of old paint and then gave it a coat of Yellow Milk Paint- Miss Mustard Seed Yellow- and a thin layer of Antique wax.  I love the rough chippy look with some of the old paint colors showing through.  I think it will take on a whole new look as it ages in the garden.  I lined the seat with wire and Moss and filled it with potting soil mix.  I can't wait to get it planted for Spring.
I think I will be making a few more of these.

No comments:

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails