This is a No- yeast and Cream Cheese Dough recipe for Kolaches- Super easy and Fast!
I used a square cookie cutter to cut out the dough.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour and mix well. Divide dough into two portions;
- cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine apples and cinnamon. On a lightly floured
- surface, roll one portion of dough into a 15–in. x 9–in. rectangle;
- cut into 3-in. squares. Place a teaspoonful of apple mixture in the
- center of each square. Overlap two opposite corners of dough over
- filling; pinch tightly to seal.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining
- dough and apple mixture. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until
- bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from
- pans to wire racks. Combine the icing ingredients; drizzle over warm
- kolaches. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Taste of Home