Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Cajun Potato Salad
Cajun Potato Salad - Find the recipe here This is a very different kind of potato salad- It is so filling we had this for dinner with a lettuce salad.
2 lb Red Potatoes Small
1/2 cup Red Onion Chopped
1/2 cup Green Onion Sliced
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley minced
6 tablespoons Cider Vinegar divided
1/2 lb Kielbasa smoked or Cajun sausage sliced
6 tablespoons Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
2 Garlic cloves minced
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 20-30 minutes or until tender; drain. Rinse with cold water; cool completely.
2. Cut into 1/4 in slices; place in a large bowl.
3. Add onions, parsley and 3 tbs. vinegar; toss.
4. In a medium skillet, cook sausage in oil for 5-10 minutes or until it begins to brown.
5. Remove with slotted spoon and add to potato mixture.
6. To drippings in skillet, add mustard, garlic, pepper, cayenne pepper and remaining vinegar; bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
7. Pour over the salad; toss gently.
8. Serve immediately