Monday, March 31, 2008

Baking: Marshmallow Brownies



I have been enjoying the Amish Country Cookbook that I checked out from the Library. It is full of verses and quotes and little helpful hints along with a unique collection of recipes. It is like all those church cookbooks. I decided to try these brownies. They turned out very good- the frosting has a very deep chocolate flavor. I love anything chocolate/marshmallow.


3/4 cup shortening or oleo- (I used butter)
1 1/3 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 T cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup chopped nuts

Mix in order given. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Take out of oven and cover with miniature marshmallows. Put back in oven for 3 minutes.

Icing

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
3 T cocoa
4 T butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Boil for 3 minutes. Let Cool. Add 2 Cups powdered sugar.

No comments:

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails