Friday, January 04, 2008

Paper Christmas Stockings






I must have made about 30 of these paper stockings for small Christmas gifts this year. They were fun to make. I traced a paper stocking template that I found here onto white
card stock and then onto scrap book paper. I sewed them together with black thread using a zig zag stitch on the sewing machine. I also sewed together a two inch wide piece of scrap book paper folded in half for the top of the stocking. I trimmed the edges with pinking shears. I decorated the paper stockings with glimmer mist and stamped them with a new set of Christmas stamps called "figgy Pudding". I made the vintage tags by downloading an image, resizing it and then painting it with modgepodge and glittering the edges. I aged everything by inking it with walnut distressing ink.

I filled these stockings with hot cocoa mix, candy canes and candy some with loose tea samples and tea strainers, and also filled some for Quinn's birthday party with a
thank you note and Christmas candy.

No comments:

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails