Monday, July 30, 2007
Boys A Baking
Cade purchased this cook book at the school's book fair. He always is begging to make something from it. The book has basic recipes but is loaded with photos of characters from Nickelodeon- which make all the recipes wonderful. The boys made these chocolate chip cookies nearly all by themselves- I just supervised. They did turn out good and they were so very proud of their cookies. (The best they had ever eaten in fact)
CHOCOLATE CHIP ATTACK COOKIES- from the Wild Thornberry's
Beware of falling Chocolate Chips! These cookies have an avalanche of yummy chocolate flavor.
21/4 Cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 pkg (12 ounce) chocolate chips
1. Preheat your Commvee oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl.
3. Mix the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together in a larger bowl. The mixture should be soft and creamy. (if you have one, use and electric mixer for this. But let an adult help you so it doesn't go flying!)
4. Add the eggs to the butter mixture, then slowly stir in the flour mixture.
5. Now it's time for the showstopper: mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Once everything is completely combined, scoop tablespoon-sized hunks of dough onto a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Watch out for Donnie! He's been known to eat entire batches at a time.
serves 8 to 12