Friday, December 16, 2005

HOLIDAY SOAPS


 Posted by Picasa


I made a few batches of soap this morning using my new soap molds. I used an oatmeal melt-and-pour base and a white Goat's milk base. The Oatmeal base smells great on its on but I added essential oils to it. I added a few drops of a Christmas Tree blend that I made a few weeks ago that I have been using all over the house. I used this blend in the Pinecone soaps.

CHRISTMAS TREE BLEND:
5 drops Fir Needle Essential oil
5 drops Spruce essential oil
5 drops Cedarwood essential oil
5 drops Juniper essential oil



For the Angel soaps, I used Lily of the Valley fragrance oil, Lavender essential oil, and Peppermint essential oil. This Blend gives a very clean smell. I used twenty drops of each oil to 24 ounces of soap base. I love this Gold mica powder that I used on the angel and the center of the poinsetta soap. It really gives the soaps a shimmery look.

No comments:

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails