Sunday, January 23, 2005

HAND-STITCHED VALENTINES


CRAFT PROJECT: VALENTINE CARDS
I was inspired by these valentines: Martha Stewart Hand-Stitched Valentines
These were very simple to put together and required supplies I had around the house. I cut hearts and rectangles out of my sons construction paper. I then used a large needle and stitched dental floss in an "X" on the hearts and corners of the rectangle. I pasted the rectangle in the center of a piece of folded card stock. I then arranged and pasted the stitched hearts on the front of the card. I added a bow to the front of the card by tying a ribbon through two paper punch holes. I will later add a photo of the boys and a hand-written greeting before sending them off to family members and friends. While I was busy making this card, my 6 year old son started creating his own Valentine to send to his grandparents.

No comments:

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails