Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Seed Shop


Garden Seeds Posted by Hello



HERE in a quiet and dusty room they lie,
Faded as crumbled stone or shifting sand,
Forlorn as ashes, shrivelled, scentless, dry--
Meadows and gardens running through my hand.

Dead that shall quicken at the call of Spring,
Sleepers to stir beneath June's magic kiss,
Though birds pass over, unremembering,
And no bee seek here roses that were his.

In this brown husk a dale of hawthorn dreams,
A cedar in this narrow cell is thrust
That will drink deeply of a century's streams,
These lilies shall make summer on my dust.

Here in their safe and simple house of death,
Sealed in their shells a million roses leap;
Here I can blow a garden with my breath,
And in my hand a forest lies asleep.

Muriel Stuart

I finially sent off my seed order; It took me so long to decide. I ordered way more seed than I need; but it is too hard to decide!! Everytime I went back through my list and then the catalog with intend to eliminate something from my list, I ended up adding to it instead. So to stop the torture, I sealed the envelope shut and took it to the post office. I will be in need of a mountain of milk jugs to sow all those seeds!!

My Seed List:
ROSEMARY Rosmarinus officinalis

WINGED TOBACCO ‘DAYLIGHT SENSATION’ Nicotiana alata

BEARLIP PENSTEMON Penstemon barbatus

CASABLANCA Delphinium x belladonna

COMPACT PETUNIA Petunia hybrida nana compacta rose or violet

GARDEN VERBENA Verbena hybrida white compact

MOROCCO TOADFLAX Linaria maroccana

FOXGLOVE Digitalis purpurea EXCELSIOR

GLORIOSA DAISY Rudbeckia hirta

HYBRID SAGE Salvia x superba

SUPERB PINK Dianthus superbus

DIVINE FLOWER Dianthus caryophyllus

WHITE-FLOWERED PINK Dianthus albus

GLOBE THISTLE Echinops ritro

WHITE CHAIX MULLEIN Verbascum chaixii album

PAINTED Salvia

COMMON COLEUS Coleus blumei RAINBOW MIXTURE

BABY-BLUE-EYES Nemophila menziesii

PURPLE MILLET Panicum miliaceum ‘Violaceum’

SALMON PEONY-FLOWERED POPPY Papaver s. paeoniflorum

SPIDER FLOWER Cleome hassleranna CHERRY QUEEN or HELEN CAMPBELL

MARVEL OF PERU four o clock Mirabilis jalapa

HONESTY Lunaria annua purple or white

WINGED EVERLASTING Ammobium alatum

GLOBE AMARANTH Gomphrena globosa mixed or white

ROSE SUNRAY Helipterum roseum

PAINTED-TONGUE Salpiglossis sinuate

MAIDEN PINK Dianthus deltiodes RED

SMALL YELLOW FOXGLOVE Digitalis lutea

MOLDAVIAN BALM DRAGONHEAD Dracocephalum moldavica

ROSE CAMPION Lychnis coronaria RED PURPLE

No comments:

You May also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails